Carl Hildebrand, CPA, CSPM, Principal - Co-Founder & Tax Partner
Carl Hildebrand is co-founder of HLA and serves as the firm’s tax partner. Possessing a thorough understanding of sound business management, Carl is an experienced consultant and successful tax strategist.
Working closely with owner-managed companies in our Strategic Performance Management program, Carl consistently helps clients achieve above-average growth. He is experienced in handling special tax situations, such as the acquisition or disposition of a business. He also assists our individual clients in the areas of tax planning and preparation, estate planning, and personal financial planning.
When Carl’s not busy planning financial strategies or helping business owners recapture their purpose, he spends his time teaching others the great art of Reiki, a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
"I see our firm as a people business that understands numbers. I enjoy talking with our clients about their goals, dreams and concerns. The numbers are only a tool that allows us to guide our clients to the future they want." - Carl
- Certified in Strategic Performance Management
- Over 35 years experience
- Served on the Board of Directors for both publicly held companies and non-profit organizations
- President of Service Coordination, Inc.
- Sought out speaker on taxation, financial planning, and practice management
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- American Institute of Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Frederick County
- Consulting Accountants' RoundTable